Dear Graduate Students,
We hope you are returning to (or starting!) the fall semester refreshed and ready for exciting adventures ahead! The North Carolina Career Development Association (as we call it – NCCDA) is excited to announce several opportunities we have just for graduate students like you. We want to share with you details of scholarships we have available as well as networking and other professional development opportunities:
- Membership Scholarship – Get your NCCDA (and NCCA!) membership funded for one year with this scholarship. All you have to do is send a resume and a cover letter detailing how membership in NCCDA will help you as a graduate student to Mary Rosage firstname.lastname@example.org. As a recipient of this scholarship you will be asked to write a short article on how you have benefitted from an NCCDA membership. Deadline: September 26 by 5pm
- Conference Scholarship – NCCDA is hosting a local conference on October 21st at Alamance Community College. This scholarship will fund your registration for the conference. Send a resume and cover letter on why you are applying for a conference scholarship to Mary Rosage at email@example.com. As a recipient you will be asked to volunteer at the conference and take over our social media for the day! You will be required to send 5 pictures showing your experience at NCCDA. Deadline: September 26 by5pm
- NCCDA Conference. Why attend?
1) The annual NCCDA conference bring together professionals from all over the state! Our NC community looks forward to this conference every year as an opportunity to learn best practices and meet new faces.
2) New Buddy Program – As a new attendee you will be paired with a professional who can help you in navigating the conference or just meet someone new!
3) Did we convince you? Join us! Register here. If you have any questions about the conference, please feel free to reach out to Christy Dunston, NCCDA President, firstname.lastname@example.org or Jane Matthews NCCDA Conference Chair, email@example.com
- Best Practices Grant – Have an interesting career idea but need the money to make it work? Apply for this grant! You can earn up to $1,000 to help you offset any cost you might incur. And guess what? Your idea could turn into a conference presentation later on! Apply here
NCCDA is excited to meet those of you who are new graduate students in the area and re-connect with returners. We hope to see you at the annual conference and your scholarship applications in our inbox!